The first medical school in Rzeszow was Public Feldsher School which existed in 1951-53. The next one was 3 years Nursing School, founded in 1954. The end of the ’50s was a period of opening two institutions for training medical personnel: Public School of Registered Nurses and in 1958 Public School of Medical Laboratories in the field of radiology, which from 1964 was called Public School of Electroradiology Medical Technicians. In the period of 1960-61 in Rzeszow operateed also Public School of Childminders. The essential problem during functioning those school was lack of own classrooms, dormitory, canteen and practical training rooms. This situation had big influence on making an efforts to establish one educational institute which educates middle medical personnel. Anyhow in 1971 MEDICAL VOCATIONAL EXTRAMURAL STUDIES was founded. It took over existing in the city medical schools and received permissions to create new field of studies.
In response to the current requirements of the labor market in Medical Vocational Extramural Studies some of curses were liquidated or temporarily suspended, and opened new ones.
School educated middle medical personnel in professions:
Subcarpathian Regional Assembly in Rzeszow by Resolution No. XI VI/545/05 from 07 XI 2005 transformed Medical Vocational Extramural Studies into Medical Post-Secondary School in Rzeszow.
As of 1st September 2014 Medical Post-Secondary School in Rzeszow changed its name to Medical and Social Centre of Vocational Training and Continuing in Rzeszow which includes Medical Post-Secondary School and Post-Secondary School of Medicine and Social for Adults.
Currently our Centre educates middle medical personnel based on 1, 2 and 2,5 year programs.